Monday, June 29, 2009

The Day After Closing South

Had a very fun and packed final weekend. Thank you to everyone who attended, supported, listened, put up with and cheered from the sidelines. What a hoot this has been!

I don't want to go overboard with the thank you's (You like me, you really like me!), but what a great team effort. It's been a truly fortunate time for me to have been able to play with so many talented and dedicated people. I can only hope that this has been as much fun for my collaborators as it's been for me. Cast, direction, design and tech crew all put out hugely, and people could see it on stage. Dixon Place was of course there from the beginning. The love and support they provide to artists such as myself is essential. I believe that many great works will emerge from the Chrystie Street theater. Maybe we'll be one of them. What a cool thing to be included in this opening season.

Now we get to load the scenery, props and costumes out of Dixon Place. The crate and props go to the apartment (!), the instruments back into the studio and the costumes back to the Costume Collection.

I've been asked what's next for South, and the truth is, first, a long nap. Then, dunno! We have great video of the show, and that must be edited so we can show it around. Another run? A CD? Film it, animate it? Hmmm...anybody looking for a show for their theater?

Onward!

No comments: