Friday, January 22, 2010

A cool note from Mark Luzio

Carmen,I just learned of Tom's death. I wrote this for myself and Tom. If you think it is appropriate, could you post it or forward it or face book to some old friends of TH. " RINPOCHE " I just learned of Tom's death. 30 years ago we shared a house in Granville for a few years. As we all know Tom was a hard living SLOB. You could say that over the years he developed this into an art form. Last night's pizza box makes a fine cat box in a few weeks, then chuck it! He taught me that the play, the job, the art is the thing. Don't just spend your life cleaning your house. I have chosen a different life style, but I realized last night that I have always had one room in my house that would make Tom proud. I never clean my work shop until the art, the job, the play is done.

Tom had a laugh, it was really an under the breath chuckle. It made you feel so good. It was always a variation of the same theme, You and Tom were in on the absurd cosmic joke that is life. Thirty years ago I built any number of flats and plywood risers for Tom. I am sure he would get a little cosmic chuckle that Post Pattern Woodworking builds $75,000.00 mahogany paneled powered rooms for Goldman Sachs millionaires or B. I don't know the particulars of Tom's death. Like all of us, he may have just gotten tired of waiting for Godot. I believe that a short while after August 24, a child was born, in 20 years maybe one of us will recognize this RINPOCHE [ The precious one] from the laugh.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rinpoche or Rimpoche (; ) is an honorific used in Tibetan Buddhism. It literally means "precious one".