Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Pix from last week, another show tomorrow night!

Last Thursday's gig was a hoot! Played a bunch of my own stuff
for the regular Dixon Place crew.


















I put together a big book of all the tunes I'm playing now, some well done, some medium rare, but all songs that I've loved hard at one time or another. I didn't make a set list, just pulled them up as it seemed fitting. One of the audience members harangued me and said, "You're not going to just read them out of a book like a poet, are you?" Yep, that's what I'm gonna do.

I was thinking of doing all covers and just a few of my own, but by request I ended up doing a middle set of just my stuff on the bari uke. Show made to order, I'm liking the book. Alison spontaneously jumped up and sang one of her songs from South, which was excellent.

Fave covers for me: Gold by Peter Blegvad, The Old Main Drag by the Pogues.

Tomorrow night I think I'll try out the harmonica on the rack. I've added Secret Agent Man to rock out a bit as well as a Dylan tune. Dig it!

I'll be at:
The Lounge at Dixon Place
161 Chrystie Street
7pm until 10, more or less
Every Thursday
No cover, but I may pass the hat

No comments: